Ok, ok, so I guess I have been in hiding for too long. Orieyenta has tagged me so I suppose I should finally get off my lazy tuchis and do this ;-) Thanks, O, for making me come back to the blogosphere, it has been too long!
Here we go:
The Rules are:
~ Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
~ The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
~ At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I am addicted to The Learning Channel, the Food Network, Lifetime, and HGTV. I can't help it. :-p
2. I am a Diet Pepsi fanatic. I can stomach Diet Coke, but if I have the choice, Diet Pepsi is the one for me!
3. I love love love love love studying other cultures, but religions in particular interest me. Of course, my love of travel goes hand in hand with that.
4. My secret dream job is to be a hairstylist and celebrity makeup artist.
5. As a kid, I wanted to be Shirley Temple. I even had a Care Bears cake for my fourth birthday that said "Happy Birthday, Shirley Temple" Yeah, I guess you could say I was a bit obsessed...Thank goodness my mom indulged me and didn't send me to a shrink! :-)
6. I used to do beauty pageants. Yup, you got that right, interviews, speeches, swimsuits, evening gowns and all. Big hair and fake eyelashes, the whole nine yards. And I LOVED it. *sigh* You can take the girl out of the country... ;-)
7. I am an encyclopedia of song lyrics. More often than not, I know the band/singer and title as well, but I for sure know the lyrics to songs as far back as the 1950's all the way through today. I was raised on the "golden oldies" and I didn't know what "pop" music was until I was about 8 or 9--my favorite songs were Chantilly Lace by the Big Bopper and La Bamaba by Richie Valens! Today, however, I have been known to impress my friends with my awesome rapping skills ;-) Take that, P Diddy!
8. I can sleep almost any where, any time, on anything if I am tired enough. I cannot, however, sleep if any dresser drawers are open, or my closet door, or my bedroom door. Maybe I'm borderline OCD, I don't know, but those things simply drive me nuts until I'm forced to get up and close them all myself.
Ok, I don't even think that 8 people read this blog, but I guess I'll tag them anyway. I was going to tag RaggedyMom but I see she's already done it, so I'm tagging Elie, Fudge, JewCess (though she has been MIA since February so I don't know if she'll respond), aaaand...Well, I think that's about it. So get to it, folks!
BTW, does anyone know what the deal is with this new blogger? I can no longer add links or anything because it won't let me out of the HTML-edit-mode-thingy....I'd appreciate the help as I am feeling rather challenged. Thanks!