Blog: For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Jews... Or, Much A-Blog About Nothing...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

learning Hebrew...etc...

Nothing much new going on here. Still recovering from a MAJOR sinus infection (gross!) but feeling much better... School pretty much consists of reading, reading, and more reading. Which is ok, since that's something I'm actually good at. Ha ha. Better than having to do chemistry or something awful like that.

Rosh Hashanah is coming up, and I'm excited for all the holiday festivities. I'm even taking the Rebbetzin's crash-course in how to read Hebrew (since I definitely don't know how right now) I have to say that I'm picking it up pretty quickly---I missed the first class last week and I still managed to pick up and follow along tonight at class! I think it's easier for me than for a lot of students because of my extensive knowledge of languages, especially ones that have different alphabets (and no, I didn't give myself away there, there are LOTS of languages that use different alphabets). Of course this class doesn't focus on actual understanding of Hebrew, but it's ok because a good portion of the text in the book is taken from the Siddur so I can follow it already anyway (I've been reading portions of the prayers with the transilterated Hebrew). Anyhoooooo.

I really need to daven now, my famliy is going through a bit of a rough time. A close family member is not doing well, health-wise, and we (my family and myself) are all quite afraid we may lose her soon. But I know HaShem will look out for her and all will be as it should be.

Well I hate to end on such a sour note, but I really am tired now and must get some reading done before bedtime. Plus, I want to watch re-runs of Project Runway :-)

Hope everyone is well!

~Hila~

3 comments:

JewCess said...

hon, linking is super-easy. over your text box when composing a post, you see the B for Bold, the I for Italics... there's a little shape like the infinity sign, that the hyperlink tool.

Highlight the words you want hyperlinked and then click on the tool. A pop up window will open and there you type the address you want this linked to. done!

let me know if you could make it or if I confused the heck out of you!!!

JewCess said...

Shana Tova!!! May this be a very sweet yr for you. :o)

Hope you get to spend quality time with yourself, your loved ones and mostly, real quality time with Gd.

Chatima Tova!

Chana said...

Wow! The fact that you're learning Hebrew this quickly and picking it up fast is amazing!

How interesting to find your blog. I think I shall be hooked now.

Hope your family will be healthy and happy soon!

and enjoy Project Runway. Me, I prefer America's Next Top Model (although I haven't seen any of the episodes yet), but...