Blog: For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Jews... Or, Much A-Blog About Nothing...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

so sad...

Today is a "crying day" for me...


With all that is going on between Israel and Lebanon and everything, I just cannot seem to keep track of it all and it boggles my mind to no end...Add to that the fact that I have been working 24/7 (well not quite, but it sure seems like it)...So I don't have much time to keep up on the latest info. Of course it doesn't help that the news coverage around here isn't the greatest (suffice it to say that where I live, the Jewish population isn't exactly large and therefore, almost invisible...)

Anyway, that's not the point...I mean, it is important and it upsets me, but it isn't the only thing that's been on my mind lately... Mostly I have been sad that I haven't been able to study or learn any more about Judaism than what I had when I was still at school for the year. Not that that's anyone's fault but my own, but it makes me sad. Every day I want to learn something more, something that will bring me closer in my path towards Hashem.

I suppose I do learn something every day, through the blogs I read (goodness I've become addicted!) and the vast learning tool known as the World Wide Web :-)...but it isn't the same, somehow. I guess I don't feel like I've "learned" something until I've had an actual conversation with someone about it, until I've asked my questions and gotten some answers. But I feel so stupid sometimes, some of the questions I have seem so trivial and unimportant, and I have no clue who I should even ask.

My other big concern lately is finding a rabbi to actually help me convert...One would think that wouldn't be too much of a problem, seeing as there are plenty of rabbis who help conversion candidates all over the country. However, where I live...well, it doesn't exactly have a large Jewish community, and it certainly does not have a large Orthodox community. I mean, don't get my wrong, the rabbi at my shul at University is great--I've studied with him and the rebbetzin, and they have been more than happy to answer my questions...But the rabbi isn't certified/qualified (I don't really know he just told me he isn't authorized to do conversions) so I'm still sort of at square one. Hmph...

I suppose all of this sounds pretty pathetic, but hey, it's my blog and I can write about whatever I want. So there. :-P



Well, I suppose that's all for today...Time to get ready for work (again) :::sigh:::


PS: Shout out to Chana for helping me figure out how to delete/moderate comments--thanks a bunch!! :-)

1 comment:

JewCess said...

Hey! I reached your blog through RenReb, and I agree with you, even though Torah Yoga seems appropriate, I blast my stereo once in a while with the loudest music to find "peace" or just plain old denial... :o)

If you ever have questions/doubts about judaism, I´m here, my email´s in my profile. Maybe I´d be of help or maybe I´ll confuse the heck out of you, but hey, you always need a buddy to study Torah. :o)